MassEdCO has a long history of working with the Worcester Public Schools (WPS), primarily providing education and career readiness services through its Educational Talent Search and GEAR UP programs
Given the pandemic, volatility in the economy, and changes to college admissions practices, MassEdCO staff will continue to provide these services during the summer months. Our intention is to help students make postsecondary decisions that are both good academic and financial fits.
MassEdCO staff are providing WPS students and families free assistance with:
- FAFSA completion and assistance with verification process
- Understanding and comparing financial aid awards
- Finding resources at your future college
- Troubleshooting general questions and concerns related to college and workforce readiness
- Assistance with requesting financial aid appeals
- For high school students attending Burncoat, Doherty or South High Schools or Claremont Academy, call Jessica Burris, (774) 641-3604, .
- For high school students attending North High School, call Taryn Tomkins, (508) 826-8567, .
- For high school students attending Worcester Technical High School, UPCS, or the Worcester Alternative High Schools,contact Melissa Daley, (508) 754-6829 ext. 3005, .