Site Directors for Educational Opportunity Centers in Boston and Brockton (Start Date: September 1st)
Educational Opportunity Centers (EOC) are a grant program funded by the US Department of Education and designed to provide postsecondary education and career readiness services to low-income, disadvantaged and/or underrepresented adults typically 19 years of age or older. The Site Director provides leadership and management for one of MassEdCO’s eight centers located throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and reports to the program’s Project Director.
The Site Director will lead a small team of education advisors who provide outreach, disseminate information, and provide postsecondary enrollment assistance to about 1,200 qualified participants in the target area each year.
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates program staff;
- Meets regularly with staff to discuss service delivery, concerns, and opportunities for improvement and collaboration;
- Coordinates all logistics associated with the EOC Center, both onsite and virtual;
- Ensures compliance with all federal guidelines and project regulations associated with the operation of a federally funded TRIO program;
- Monitors and evaluates progress towards project goals; reviews participant data, monthly reports, and other information to ensure that the project is meeting stated performance objectives and ensures steps are taken to rectify areas that fall short;
- Establishes and maintains strong partnerships with community organizations, agencies, colleges / universities and schools in the EOC target area to ensure they are aware of the services offered by the Center;
- Coordinates outreach activities to target populations, oversees data collection, and prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
- Collaborates with other programs serving disadvantaged students and adults, represents Center’s program on committees and workgroups, and coordinate activities with other MassEdCO sponsored programs;
- Assists with developing annual budgets for each project; initiates all project expenditures;
- Oversees management and updating of participant databases, and other recordkeeping activities designed to evaluate project’s service delivery;
- Participates in public events to promote the Center’s programs and services;
- Provides direct service to clients on a regular basis;
- Attends meetings, conferences and other professional development events;
- Collaborates with other MassEdCO EOC Site Directors on a regular basis;
- Performs additional tasks as required by Project Director.
- Master’s degree in education, public administration, social work, or other relevant area;
- A minimum of six years experience with program planning, management, evaluation, budgeting and staff supervision;
- Experience with federal regulations pertaining to TRIO programs;
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills;
- Experience with needs of low income, disadvantaged and/or underrepresented adults;
- Knowledge of research on barriers to postsecondary education for this targeted population;
- Ability to work flexible hours and remotely when necessary.
- High level of energy and maturity;
- Excellent organizational skills; excellent customer service skills; excellent follow-through skills;
- Demonstrated communication skills;
- Sensitivity to issues facing low income, disadvantaged and/or underrepresented adults typically 19 years of age or older;
- Ability to operate in different cultural settings;
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong relationships;
- Possess demonstrated skills in building coalitions among people and organizations;
- Experience working within a nonprofit or community-based organization a plus;
- Proficient at problem solving;
- Ability to work productively, drive engagement and demonstrate presence as a member of a virtual team;
- Ability to develop new skills and to give and receive feedback;
- Familiarity with computer software including database management to locate, review, and interpret information to guide management decisions;
- Proficient in MS Office programs; experience with Blumen Online a plus.
Interested candidates currently employed by MassEdCO and ASA are encouraged to forward a cover letter, resume and three references by June 5, 2020 to:
Human Resources Manager
No phone calls please.