Massachusetts Financial Literacy Summit:
Empowering Families & Students with financial literacy skills
Monday, May 8, 2017
Hagan Center, Assumption College, Worcester, MA
Massachusetts Education & Career Opportunities, Inc. (MassEdCO) invites you to its FREE spring summit, in collaboration with Reach Higher Massachusetts.
Focus of Event: Equipping students and families with better financial decision-making
Keynote Speaker: John Pelletier, founding director, Center for Financial Literacy, Champlain College, which has produced two 'report cards' that grade how well high schools in America teach personal finance (2015) and a state-by-state report card on adult financial literacy (2016).
Target Audience: Representatives from school districts, nonprofit organizations, state agencies, and local and state elected officials.
The FREE event, includes
- 8:30 Registration, Continental Breakfast & Networking with Colleagues
- 9:30 Opening Remarks & Keynote Address
- 11:00 Panel Discussions with time for the audience to ask questions and join the discussion
Invited speakers and panelists include:
- U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (remarks) who serves on the U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee;
- Massachusetts Sen. Michael Moore (accepted), co-chair of the Massachusetts Legislature's Joint Committee on Higher Education;
- Joanne Dashiell (accepted), manager of professional services, American Student Assistance (ASA);
- Julie Lammers (accepted), managing director - consumer advocacy and government relations, ASA; and
- Martha Savery, director - public affairs, MEFA.
RSVP by Monday, May 1, by filling out our online form.
For more information, contact Diane at 508.754.6829 ext. 3028 or .
Many thanks to our sponsors:
- Gold: MEFA (Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority)
- Silver: ASA (American Student Assistance)
- Bronze: Seven Hills Foundation & Affiliates
If you would like to help MassEdCO continue its good work, visit our donation page.