The MassEdCO Education and Career Planning Center is no longer accepting applications for the Shelia Gamble Cook Scholarship program.
The application period officially closed on Friday, May 6th at 5:00 p.m.
2022-23 Academic Year
Deadline: May 6, 2022
The Sheila Gamble Cook fund offers scholarships to students with financial need who display a commitment to serving others (in school, their community, or at home), a strong work ethic, leadership qualities and aspirations for higher learning. The Sheila Gamble Cook Scholarship is a one-time scholarship that awards $1,000 to students whose socioeconomic backgrounds and environmental conditions may inhibit their ability to persevere and attain their educational and career goals.
- Applicant must be a current client of the Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) in Boston Education and Career Planning Center.
- Applicant must have graduated or be expected to graduate with a high school diploma or received their GED by June 2022.
- Applicant must be entering or be a current student at a Massachusetts two- or four-year accredited post-secondary institution or vocational program by September 2022.
- Applicant must demonstrate strong community service capabilities and potential.
- Priority will be given to students from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds and will be based on financial need.
MassEDCO will review all applications and select recipients who MassEdCO believes, in its sole discretion, are best deserving of the Sheila Cook Gamble scholarship awards. We plan to notify selected applicants by the end of June. All scholarship recipients are required to sign an agreement to cooperate with MassEdCO in tracking their post-secondary path.
Applications must be completed and submitted no later than May 6, 2022 by 5pm.