- Do you wish you had finished high school, or ...
- want to finish a degree you started, but never completed, or ...
- just want to further your education?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, MassEdCO, Inc.’s Educational Opportunity Centers offer resources to assist you.
First funded in 1973 and celebrating more than 40 years of operation, MassEdCo, Inc.'s Educational Opportunity Centers project is one of the US Department of Education’s 13 original EOC projects. A federally funded TRIO program, the project is currently the largest EOC project in the country.
The Educational Opportunity Centers for Massachusetts provide:
- Postsecondary education access services to primarily low-income nontraditional students and adults (age 19 and above) who are interested in furthering their education
- Career exploration and advising, using technology and a variety of assessment tools provided to ensure that an education placement will be appropriate to the client's ultimate career goals
Other services include:
- Information on education programs
- Admissions requirements information
- Financial aid assistance, including scholarship searches and application assistance
- Referrals to other academic support services
All services are FREE!
EOC advisors also provide clients with information about and assistance with:
- Career goal-setting
- Earning a GED (new HiSET)/high school equivalency diploma
- English language classes (ESOL)
- Selecting a college or training program
- Completing admissions and financial aid application paperwork
- Assistance in locating other academic support services
To view a video about EOC services and hear the success stories of some of our clients, visit us on YouTube.
Most EOC clients are "first-generation college students," meaning neither of their parents graduated from a 4-year college. They may be the first in their families to have graduated from high school. The majority of clients are also low-income.
Many EOC clients seek education or training in order to find a job that will pay a living wage. Or, they may have recently become unemployed and are in need of retraining in order to re-enter the workforce.
Available to Adults and Youth
- Berkshire Area Educational Opportunity Center Pittsfield, MA
- Boston Area Educational Opportunity Center Boston, MA
- North Shore Educational Opportunity Center Lynn, MA
- Pioneer Valley Area Educational Opportunity Center Chicopee, MA
- Southcoastal Educational Opportunity Center New Bedford, MA
- Worcester Area Educational Opportunity Center Worcester, MA
Youth Services Available to Students Enrolled Here
- New Bedford Technical High School New Bedford, MA